Prep + cook time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 8 chicken drumsticks (1.2kg)
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 1 1/2 (375ml) cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups (310ml) pouring cream
- 125g baby spinach leaves
- 680g canned artichokes, drained, halved
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Brown chicken in batches and remove from pan.
- Cook onion and garlic until onion softens. Add wine, stock, rind and juice. Bring to the boil. Return chicken to pan, reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes
- Uncover and simmer for 10 minutes
- Place chicken in bowls.
- Combine cream, spinach, artichokes and oregano in pan with sauce mixture. bring to the boil. reduce heat and simmer uncovered until sauce thickens slightly – 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
Serve with steamed rice